Huh? Whuh?


What is this, you ask? It's a little slice of my life in the San Francisco Bay Area with food as the epicenter. I'm Filipina American so food is always at the center.

I'll share some old family recipes and new ones from my ever expanding extended family, experiments that panned out well and some that just couldn't make the cut, juicy bits on Bay Area restaurants and food adventures, and my musings here and there. I live in a region of California that's such a confluence of a large number of cultures. What you'll see on this blog is reflective of that but from a Filipino lens. (Think Asian Fusion/Asian Confusion.)

On top of all that, my father was a cook in the US Navy so he's got some really interesting takes on gut-filling American faves all hues of Asian fare, and various sorts of European food. So, expect some guest blogging from ol' pops.

Thanks for stopping by and as my beloved mom used to say the moment I walked in the door, "Did you eat? You eat now!"

Blessings,
Monica

Saturday, June 28, 2008

I've been away too long...

...because I'm busy finishing up my master's degree.

Here's a little something for you to watch. It's a Three Sheets episode dedicated to Lambanog, the 90 proof coconut jet fuel of the Philippines. (I can feel my esophagus on fire just thinking about it.)

2 comments:

demondoll said...

Holy sh*t! Can we get it in the US? Because I think WGD NEEDS to have a Flaming Frodo.
:-D

Happy studies, Cuz! And thank you for the update :-D
Love, DD

ElleDee said...

Sister told me I had to watch this ... FREAKIN' HILARIOUS! I squealed when I saw the balut and then when the guy told him he wanted to sleep in his room. Suh-weet.